Monday, January 4, 2010

The grocery store

This evening I was at the grocery store very focused on weighing my green peppers when I ran into a gentleman who left an impression on me.  He really was a gentleman.  He had an accent, I think sounded Russia.  He was looking at me intently.  Of course I was embarrassed that I ran into him and apologized profusely. 


He noticed me.  It felt good to be noticed. Me, after a long day at work and I am pretty sure my mascara ran under my eyes.  It felt good.  


So, I went along in my shopping, once again very focused and forgot the popcorn so whipped around to get it and wouldn't you know it, I ran into him again.  I felt so bad.  He said, it was ok.  That us meeting was special. Wow. hmmm.  Bad thing was, I was so speechless, I didn't even get his name.


Maybe I will have to go to the grocery store more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment