Monday, January 18, 2010

Time

I was just sitting here thinking about things that I am trying to accomplish this year and when I do that I enviably think about parts of my life that I feel are unfinished but fate has taken me down a different path.

I have gone back to a time that for most is the most magical time in the world.  Its funny how when we are young we think so differently. I wonder what force is out there that controls our emotions and as we age this force turn to our children and they end up thinking just the same.  We find ourselves saying things we swore as teens we would never say when "we got older".

However, I find that I wonder why those who I would not have considered friends are now comrades?  That guy who wouldn't give the time of day now reminisces on the glory days and asks "How come we never...?" As we, with age, come to view each other in a different light? Or is it our desperate attempt to hold on to our youth as we combat the hours glass that is slowly running out of sand?  Maybe this is what having a mid-life crisis is all about. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment